Sunday, March 11, 2007

3 weeks until BREAK! (see new pictures!)

What an amazing weekend! Friday night Tesha, Chris (our new roommate) and I went out to dinner and chitchatted the night away. Then, on Saturday Simone and Mark took the four of us (all roomies) to Boulder Beach where we got to swim with the penguins! See pictures. Impressively, Chris, Tesha, Nathan, and I all squeezed into the back of Simone’s hatchback… it was interesting!

I tried to pet a penguin at the beach and it bit me! Haha! No blood, though. Then, Nathan, Chris, and I climbed all over these huge rocks. I accidentally slipped and fell into the water, cutting my wrist, hands, feet, and bum on the way in. But a little relaxation on one of those rocks, and I was ready to go again. Then, we walked along the path at the beach to see more penguins and got back into the car to go to Bloubergstrand. On the way to Bloubergstrand, we saw some baboons on the side of the road!

In Bloubergstrand, we went to a little restaurant right on the beach and had some pizza and beer. YUM. I decided to be adventurous and had the Four Seasons Pizza (mushrooms, asparagus, tomato, and ANCHOVIES)…. It was different. Very salty.

Today we are going to walk to Kirstenbosch to see the place and then to a concert in the gardens and then to a concert there with Dr. Baxen and Dr. Howell (who’s here for ten days from UK).

Oh, I also caught my first cricket match on Wednesday. It was really fun! Like baseball, only interesting… haha. I got a free hard hat.

Bye bye now.

P.S. Is anyone still reading this thing?

P.S.S. Simone is giving me her old phone, so I should be up and running again by the middle of next week. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. Simone said she didn’t even feel sorry for me when she heard that my phone got stolen ON MY BIRTHDAY because it was stupid of me to have it in the outside pocket. Oops! Stupid American tourist!

4 comments:

Chris Heinz said...

Re p.s. -- Yes, Christie, we still read. And your audience is growing. All my sibs and some of my cousins have the address now. My aunt Martha died a week ago, I was a pallbearer Wednesday, and my cousin Mary Dee said she had read it. Everyone enjoys the pictures as well.
p.s. BTW, you write very well.
p.p.s. I enjoyed the new song.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Christie! I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your adventures. This is certainly a great experience that you will never forget! Love the pictures, too. The girls loved the photos of the penguins. :-)

Erica said...

erica's stuff is the best!

Erica said...

You have now made TWO little mermaid references, which means you have to wear the disney princess tiara the whole time you're on safari.

The penguins look like little people!

love,
poo bin