Sunday, January 21, 2007

My first week

So, it's only been one week since I left. That's hard for me to realize since everything feels so new, but I think I'm really starting to adjust to my life here now. This weekend was nice. We just relaxed mainly, went to the water front yesterday (check out new pictures on picasa - just use the same url from last time). We walked around, shopped, ate, Tesha got her nails done (haha), and just enjoyed the weather. Today we're going to Kirstenboch for a concert, then early to bed to start our first offical days of school. I'm excited! and I got my first assignment - I'll be helping my teaching teach about the Solar System! WHOOH! Seriously, though, I do look forward to it. I think it'll make me feel like I have a purpose...

I guess that's really it. I went on my first run today (man, that altitude's a killer... couldn't be I'm slightly out of shape...) and almost got hit by a car.... OOPS! Guess I'm really not used to the opposite driving yet. It is very HOT here. But Cape Town really does have all four seasons in one day, by nighttime it's chilly and I have on long pants with a jacket... although I am a well-known freezy-cat.

No comments: